Since 2001, Assumption has had 11 students selected for Fulbright Scholarships to study in Spain, Belgium, Finland, Ecuador, Ireland, Taiwan, South Korea, Norway, South Africa, Mexico and India.
Postgraduate fellowships and scholarships are awarded to students for a specific academic or research purpose. Assumption’s director of postgraduate studies works closely with students to identify opportunities and to help craft strong applications. Some of the programs include:
- Fulbright Scholarship: New graduates spend between nine and 10 month in a foreign country implementing a research project or teaching English while studying part-time and travelling the host country and surrounding areas.
- Marshall Fellowship: Two-year graduate study in the United Kingdom in any academic field.
- Mitchell Scholarship: One-year graduate study in Ireland.
- Rhodes Scholarship: Two-year graduate program at the University of Oxford in England for student-athletes who excel academically and athletically.
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship: Funds study abroad for three months up to two years.
- NCAA Postgraduate Scholarships: Awarded to student-athletes who excel academically and athletically.
- Teaching Assistant Internship in Italy: Assumption undergraduates can take advantage of one- or two-semester internships at secondary schools near Milan.
- Teaching Assistantships in France: Nearly every year since 1993, Assumption graduates in French have embarked on year-long internships as assistants in English classes in French high schools or middle schools.